Updated: October 2017
We are pleased to state that we have submitted the revised application for the town centre regeneration scheme to include the requirements of the foodstore anchor Morrisons. The application follows collaboration with Knowsley Council to develop plans for the Town Centre and a major public consultation which was held with local businesses, shopkeepers and residents in October 2016. We were delighted that the feedback from the public consultation was overwhelmingly positive with more than 500 people attending the two-day event held in St Chad’s Parade. Of the 229 responses received 95% (218) of residents and stakeholders supported the plans.
The planning application is for a 120,000 sq ft scheme that will comprise of a supermarket, and around 80,000 sq ft of new shops, improved pedestrian links, car parking, new public realm and landscaping. The redevelopment will complement, enhance and integrate with the existing Town Centre shops and facilities.
The principles of the scheme remain those outlined at consultation. We intend to:
- Carry out improvements that will complement and enhance Kirkby Town Centre;
- Increase the choice and type of shops for local people;
- Provide accommodation that meets the needs and requirements of modern retailers, making Kirkby an attractive place to do business;
- Ensure that any new development is fully integrated into the existing Town Centre, with attractive linkages, so that the whole area benefits from any new development;
- Incorporate sustainable measures throughout the scheme;
- Create pockets of landscaping and green spaces, creating new and attractive street scenes including a new areas of public realm; and
- Provide a temporary car park to the south of Cherryfield Drive to serve existing shops and local amenities, while the retail development is under construction.
We have provided a few of the key application documents to download. Further details and ways to comment can be found on the Knowsley Council Website and using the following reference: 17/00559/FUL